Launching Cyprusinto the space era!read more
MissionX and CSEO Space ClubCSEO inspires and motivates students with Space activities
CSEO provides education and training for the future generation of space scientists and engineers, from an early age, in & out of schools:
- Communicates, via outreach, why space exploration is important for the betterment of our everyday lives and the widening of our understanding of the universe and where we come from.
- Educates children and promotes science and all things related to the Cosmos and space.
- Provides stimulating space related educational material to schools.
- Promotes via scholarships the potential of talented youths.
- Promotes innovation by bringing competitions and hackathons to schools and students.
- Uses TV to showcase role-models of local space research.
- Produces documentaries that promotes local successes that stimulate our youth – such as "the Incredible story of ArchonoBeeA" that was premiered on 24th Nov 2016.
CSEO bring two exciting flagship activities to the students of Cyprus:
- Mission X
- CSEO Space Club
Our News, Activities and Announcements
CSEO Space ClubCSEO inspires and motivates students with Space activities
Our News, Activities and Announcements
Be a benefactor - Donate to CSEO
The Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation (CSEO) is an NGO, established by key international people in industry and academia, and based in Cyprus. It promotes scientific research and development in the field of space exploration, and enhances and actively develops the local space industry, leading to the advancement of high tech industry and collaboration with other space-faring nations in scientific, space and planetary missions. We believe in the potential of the local untapped talent pool. Our mission and vision is to galvanise the local talent into high-tech innovation. The universe and space exploration has always fascinated the human spirit. Hence we - the Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation (CSEO) - with our vision and goals as our compass have been highly active in our space outreach campaigns to ignite innovation and technological growth, with impressive and captivating results that are of public benefit. Proof of this potential, is the recognition and nomination of a research paper submitted by our team MarsSense, in the best four in the world for an international award, at the highest level of the international space research community, at Space Ops 2014 (at JPL, NASA - May 2014). CSEO is in strategic partnership with many governmental organisations, ministries and bodies, the major universities of Cyprus, EU officials, research institutions, the private sector, the media and many others. CSEO collaborates worldwide with national space agencies, the international space private sector and industry, and many others. We bring together academic researchers and the industry (via workshops, seminars and summits), coordinate and formulate space projects, and create synergies between the industry and researchers. Through our activities and connections with key international space agencies, international organisations and societies, CSEO strengthens the local space community's presence and acts as a local centre of planning, harbouring, incubation, development, coordination and accumulation of relevant projects and research. CSEO is also actively involved in educational activities, to stimulate the younger generation into the field of science and space research.
Our Mission Operation
About Us - Our Mission
- Place Cyprus on the space industry map
- Conduct space related R & D
- Promote innovation through the development and support of a local internal market for space
- Increase local technological competitiveness
- Leverage on local intellectual human capital
- Provide education and training for the future generation of space scientists and engineers, from an early age, in & out of schools
- Enhance and promote academic and industrial collaboration, through joint project participation
- Develop the high tech industry to become a prominent employment option on the island, hence stimulating graduate employment and reducing unemployment
- Develop a sustainable new industrial infrastructure for the island, leading to new diversified economic sources and product exports
- Promote the use of high tech materials in public works projects
About Us - Operation
- CSEO's board of directors, are from key sectors of the industry, who excel in their field and volunteered their time to CSEO for the common goals of the organisation.
- By engaging volunteerism from its members, CSEO builds on the strengths and enthusiasm of people to materialise the objectives of the organisation which drives the imagination and inspiration of all those involved.
- CSEO as a non-profit NGO actively seeks and applies for funding and sponsoring in order to fund the many projects which are part of the mission of the organisation. All activity proceeds re-fund CSEO's projects and goals.
- With a strong cooperation with all major universities from Cyprus and universities, organisations and institutions from abroad, CSEO acts as a local centre of planning, harbouring, incubation and accumulation of relevant ideas, that when properly formulated in a concerted effort can bring stronger research project proposals to communal funding and help the local researchers fair better in the international competition for research and funding in the field of space. As a pole of space exploration and discussion, CSEO has already attracted many academics which are currently contributing and involved in this on-going effort.
- Research and technological advancements that are stemming from the above on-going effort combined with the strong ties of CSEO in Europe and Globally with space, nanotechnology and robotics companies, will drive local development which in its turn can stimulate the private sector, the technological competiveness and diversification of the local industry, into fields that were unreachable in the past.
- The stimulation of the local industry will lead into production and export of new products and services, stimulating employment of graduates, employment in general, retention of intellectual human capital, competiveness, new patents and new technologies.
- CSEO is connected with foreign space agencies and organisations, with links with key individuals and heads of R&D and exploration of leading space faring nations. With the cooperation with other space faring nation and with the incorporation of Cyprus in ESA potential collaborative space missions will be planned and promoted with Cyprus becoming a niche player in the space race.
CSEO at the International Level
Ways to join in
Business Registration: Join our Business Network / Space Association / Space Cluster
If you are a business that wishes to participate in the field of aerospace, and benefit from our current and future projects, in our large international business network, you can register here:
Join Business Network / Space Association
Member Registration: Researcher / Volunteer / Fan / Contributor / Sponsor
If you are a researcher, academic, volunteer, fan, contributor or sponsor, you can join all others who have already gotten involved:
CSEO Space Club: School Classes / Afternoon Clubs and Societies
The CSEO Space Club is a first-of-its-kind outreach project in Cyprus, in association with the International Space Community, for school classes and afternoon societies. Individually tailored for 5 different age groups. It brings to schools space training and educational material, as well as legends of space. To bring CSEO Space Club to your class or society:
Apply to bring CSEO Space Club to your class / society
Communicate your ideas and concepts
Do you have technological, educational, research or other space related ideas or concepts? If you can contribute we would like to hear from you.
Contact Us - Mail form
CSEO on Facebook
Come and visit our facebook page and follow what we do, join our activities, join our discussions:
CSEO on Facebook
CSEO on YouTube
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch our videos and activities:
CSEO YouTube Channel
Support Us ...
Be a benefactor: Donate to CSEOYour financial support will go towards:
- School Education, creating the future generation of scientists
- Training our youth, bringing innovation to our young generation
- Employing scientists, reducing brain drain and utilising our skilled people
- University scholarships, giving academic opportunities to our talented youth
- Research & development, enhacing our technologies, stimulating our country's economy
- Cypriot space missions, utilising our technologies, bringing national pride
Thank you for supporting CSEO!
On behalf of all the researchers and talented people of CSEO we warm-heartedly thank you!
This is the way to build up a brighter future for all of us!
With this donation you are supporting our educational courses, scholarships for young people, researchers and technologies and you are giving a chance to the younger generation for a better tomorrow!
Get in touch
Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation (CSEO) is dedicated to protecting the privacy of our users by taking all possible measures to protect their personally identifiable information. This privacy statement outlines these measures and discloses the privacy practices of CSEO.
This website takes every precaution to protect our user information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected online and offline.
Information Collection and Use
CSEO is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. CSEO will not release any personably identifying information unless you specifically authorize us to do so or unless required by the appropriate law enforcement officials.
If registration is offered on our website, now or at some stage, in order to use our online services, a user must first complete the sign-up form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. Demographic information collected is used for our internal market analysis purposes.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Sharing Demographic Information
We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We send all new Members a welcoming email to verify password and email address. Established Members may occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter via email or letter mail as part of our customer communications. In addition, we may also send the user site and service announcement updates. Members who do not wish to receive any customer communication can inform us and they will be excluded from any future communication.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as address information), it may be updated at the Member section page or by emailing our Customer Support Team.
Notification of Changes